Montaraz Lodge is the most exclusive pigeon shooting lodge in Cordoba. This historical setting is an architectural treasure characterized by an exquisite colonial style. It was built in the second half of the 17th century. Completely renovated in 2007 it provides luxury and comfort from which you can enjoy the best shooting experience ever.
Montaraz Lodge is located between the “Sierras Chicas” and the “Sierras Grandes”. This elegantly restored 17th century Estancia is decorated with the ease of friendly colonial style and is surrounded by wide verandas overlooking lovely gardens and orchards, even a lake. It offers 8 ensuite bedrooms to accommodate a maximum of 16 guests, a comfortable living room and a spacious, fully stocked wine cellar and complimentary bar. It has a large dining room for great recreation.
With the best Argentine beef and quality ingredients, the chef creates an array of delicious traditional specialties and international dishes. The wine is produced with carefully selected grapes from our own vineyards.
From the moment you arrive in Argentina, service is personalized and attention is paid to every imaginable detail. This standard is maintained throughout the house staff and guide team making this pigeon shooting program hard to beat.
• Located in the province of Cordoba, in central Argentina, 75 miles (120 km) northwest of the Cordoba City international airport. Driving time 1:30 hrs.
• To get to Montaraz Lodge there are daily direct flights from many U.S cities to Santiago, Chile with connecting flights to Cordoba city. That will allow you to make the most of your trip as you will be pigeon shooting the day of your arrival.
• Guests may also fly into Buenos Aires (Ezeiza Intl. Airport), transfer to the domestic airport and take a 1 hr flight to Cordoba.
• Cordoba is considered one of the best pigeon shooting capitals of the world. The 50 square mile radius (80 km) around the lodge is annually inhabited by over 5 million pigeons. The lodge enjoys 60 shooting fields all within a scenic drive through the region.
• The program generally starts at 8:00 AM with a hearty breakfast and a short drive to the shoot. In the field you will be assigned a bird-boy, who will provide you with shot shells and refreshments and direct you to your shooting stand.
• Depending on the time of the year, you will shoot till noon when you will be treated to an incredible traditional barbeque lunch at the lodge, tasting some of Argentina’s wonderful beef and the exclusive wine.
• Return to the lodge for cocktails and early dinner.
• Afternoon begins at around 2 or 2.30 hr., and continues until 5 or 6. Return to the lodge for cocktails at the wine cellar and early dinner.
• These birds are large and fast, which make calculating speed a little bit deceptive. They work excellently with decoys.
• We ensure one freshly built blind for each hunter. Decoys are strategically deployed around the blinds, at a suitable distance.
Facilities & Services
• Capacity: 12 guns .
• 7 king size bedrooms ; 1double room; 1 queen size bedroom. Each with private bathroom. U$S 80 per night surcharge for single room.
• Dining room, sitting room, bar, gun cleaning table and facilities.
• Swimming pool. Tennis court.
• Stables, saddle room, and horses.
• Internet access.
• Gourmet dining with Argentina’s famed beef and the Estancia wine, traditional asados (BBQ) and delicious desserts.
• Gun rental, semiautomatic 20 gauge.
• First class professional shooting guides and Field assistants.
• Comfortable 13 pax capacity Mercedes Benz vans with LCD.
• Historical tours and shopping trips.
Shooter: U$S 830 per day
Non Shooter: U$S 450 per day
Shells:U$S 15 per box
Licenses:U$S 65 per person per day
Gun Rental:U$S 70 per person per day
50% deposit is required to guarantee booking. Final payment is due 60 days before departure. Please note this deposit is NON REFUNDABLE unless a replacement is found.
Meet and assistance on arrival and departure; Transfer to and from the lodge only for parties arriving and departing together; Lodging; Meals, all wines beer, and local spirits; Professional guide service and field assistants; horseback riding; Payment to land owners for hunting rights.
Gratuities for guides and house staff; Airfares; Gun entry permits; Gun Rental; Shells; Masseuse; Laundry service; Phone calls and Internet; Tours, shopping trips, etc.; Any items of a strictly personal nature; Transfer to and from the lodge for clients not arriving or departing with the whole party; Baggage overweight charges; Personal and baggage insurance; Cost of itinerary modifications requested by passenger; Buenos Aires transfers and hotels.
Only two transfers are included: one for arrivals and one for departures (they apply to parties arriving together). For transfers on different schedules there will be a U$S 150 surcharge (one way) per single passenger and U$S 75 per person (one way) for groups (2 or more passengers).