Built on the tradition of over 25 years of dove shooting experience from David Denies, La Dormida is the newest and most exclusive dove shooters accommodation ever offered in Cordoba, and has already received acclaim from Argentina’s journals of design and decoration.
David Denies Dove shooting is famous for its unparalleled service, and once again building upon these traditions, our staff at La Dormida has been especially trained in the art of caring for private parties.
Meals at La Dormida feature the very best Argentine beef and other meats, and our menus are prepared by one of Argentina's premier chefs. Carefully selected Argentine vintages complement field lunches and the dinner in the lodge. Indeed, the wines alone make La Dormida worthy of a visit!
From the moment you arrive in Argentina, our service is personalized and attention is paid to every imaginable detail, from airport reception to personal field assistants. The David Denies standard has no equal, and makes a visit to Cordoba a shooting holiday without comparison.
• Located in the province of Cordoba, in central Argentina, 80 miles (130 km) north of the Cordoba City international airport. Driving time 1:35 hr.
• To get to La Dormida Lodge there are daily direct flights from many U.S. cities to Santiago, Chile with connecting flights to Cordoba city. That will allow you to make the most of your trip as you will be dove shooting the day of your arrival (depending on the different flight schedules).
• Hunters may also fly into Buenos Aires (Ezeiza Intl. Airport), transfer to the domestic airport and take a 1 hr flight to Cordoba.
• Cordoba is considered the dove shooting capital of the world. The 100 square mile radius (160 km) around the lodge is annually inhabited by over 40.000.000 million dove. The lodge enjoys 55 shooting fields all within a scenic drive through the region’s rich farmland.
• Each day the lodge donates hundreds of doves to Mission Esperanza Foundation. We feed 800 children per day and have already built 3 community centres with our donations and those of our guests.
• The program generally starts at 8:00 AM with a hearty breakfast and short drive to the shoot.
• In the field you will be assigned a field assistant, who will provide you with shells and refreshments and direct you to your shooting stand.
• Depending on the time of the year you will shoot till noon when you will be treated to an incredible barbeque lunch, shaded by a unique hand-made hut, tasting some of Argentina’s wonderful beef and superb wines.
• Afternoon begins at around 2 or 2:30 hr., and continues until almost dark.
• There is no definite time to close the shoot.
• Return to the lodge for cocktails and early dinner.
Facilities & Services
• Capacity: 10 shooters
• Accommodation: 4 single rooms, 3 doubles rooms, each with private bathroom.
• U$S 80 per night surcharge for single room.
• Plunge pool, dining room, sitting room, bar, recreation room, billiards table, gun cleaning table and facilities
• Satellite telephone, Internet access and satellite TV
• Gourmet dining with Argentina’s famed beef and fine wines, traditional asados (BBQ) and delicious desserts.
• Maid and laundry service
• Gift shop offers local artwork and crafts, logo wear and accessories
• Gun rental, over and under and semiautomatic 12, 20 & 28 gauge
• First class professional hunting guides and field assistants.
• Comfortable 13 pax capacity Mercedes Benz vans
• Historical tours, shopping trips and horseback riding (optional)
Shooter: U$S 830 per day
Non Shooter: U$S 450 per day
Shells: Imported shells U$S 14.5 per box; Argentine shells U$S 12.85 p/ box (only for gauges 12 & 20); 28 gauge shells U$S 13.5 per box; .410 gauge shells U$S 15 per box.
License:U$S 65 per person per day
Gun Rental: U$S 65 per day
50% deposit is required to guarantee booking. Final payment is due 60 days before departure. Please note this deposit is NON REFUNDABLE unless a replacement is found.
Meet and assistance on arrival and departure; Transfer to and from the lodge only for parties arriving and departing together; Lodging; Meals, all wines beer, and local spirits; Professional guide service and field assistants; Payment to land owners for hunting rights.
Gratuities for guides and house staff; Airfares; Gun entry permits; Gun Rental; Shells; Masseuse; Laundry service; Phone calls and Internet; Tours, shopping trips, horseback riding, etc.; Any items of a strictly personal nature; Transfer to and from the lodge for clients not arriving or departing with the whole party; Baggage overweight charges; Personal and baggage insurance; Cost of itinerary modifications requested by passenger; Buenos Aires transfers and hotels.
Only two transfers are included: one for arrivals and one for departures (they apply to parties arriving together). For transfers on different schedules there will be a U$S 100 surcharge (one way) per single passenger and U$S 50 per person (one way) for groups (2 or more passengers)